Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Internet Installation Scam

When the Internet provider comes in to hook up your Internet connection tell them you do not need the software they provide. You might as well take that 30 or 40 dollars and go about 65mph down the highway, open your window, crumple it up in a ball and throw a fast ball right out the window.

Think about it, when you get a new computer or go to a friends house with your lap top, are you using that provided software?  No you're not, so what is the reason for getting it with the hook up?  Well, it's a way for the provider to get more money out of those who don't know any better.

My wife and I moved around a lot, approximately 13-14 times and I slowly figured this out, it's a major scam and don't allow it to happen to you. 

The last time I actually had to explain this to the tech that was installing it, he was telling me that I had to install the software in order for my computer to work. I said no you don't, he said yes you do and then I asked him why is it when I have someone come over and use their computer it works or why is it when I get a new computer it's not needed.. He thought about it and said, "you know what...you're right". He actually was lead to believe that he was selling something we needed. 

The last thing you also need to be aware of is they will probably still charge you on your bill so you will have to call them up to make sure it gets removed so watch out for that as well.

Hope this was a good read and continue to follow along.

Happy Savings!

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers